This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 03 08:09:50 EDT
- Subject: Re: objects_must_conflict_p
> Btw, why did you choose to always return 0 for scalar vs aggregate? In
> this case, I think that alias_sets_conflict_p is the right criterion.
... if checked against each member of the aggregate of course.
No, I don't think so, since the subset mechanism should take care of it.
But, as I said, this whole routine is *very* confusing. I wish there were
a better way of dealing with the problem other than crippling stack slot
sharing like this.