Unbreaking news (was: Re: Trunk broken for MMIX, CRIS, i960, m32r,(v850, ARM))

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> writes:
> > On Saturday, Jul 5, 2003, at 00:20 US/Eastern, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >> Andrew, did you test Zdenek's patch (Subject: Re: cfg_cleanup and loop
> >> discovery in cfg_layout mode) for cfglayout?  Does it fix the problem
> >> for you?
> > No I have not because there was two different bootstrap failures (both
> > caused by Zack's patches)
> > in between then and now, I will try it soon (one still is not fixed by
> > I have submitted a patch
> > to fix it).
> Ok, I'll test Zdenek's patch now also on x86_64-linux-gnu (already
> passed the critical point there) and on i686-linux-gnu and let's see
> what it does - I would appreciate some review of Zdenek's patch to get
> it in asap.

I actually noticed that patch
(<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg00457.html>)
but confused it with another patch by Zdenek that was committed,
so I didn't look closer.

I'm testing to see it it unbreaks all targets I mentioned.  It
helps for mmix-knuth-mmixware at least; it now builds (all
supported languages except Ada and treelang).

I'm cfgloop ignorant and can only comment on minor style issues;
the comment on the abort () line should be on a separate line,
and empty lines before and after the
!   if (!insn)
!     abort ();  /* No basic blocks at all?  */
lines wouldn't hurt.

Thanks to Zdenek and Andreas for keeping an eye on things.

brgds, H-P