This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Sugesstion on gcc compiler
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Siddharth <siddharth dot k at ap dot sony dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:27:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: Sugesstion on gcc compiler
- References: <009d01c34150$76dd2760$2b66582b@siddharth>
Frequently while development it becomes necessary to ensure that the coding
guide lines are followed all through out.For this there needs to
be additional efforts spend for reviewing the code.Is it possible for
compiler to check the same?
The purpose of a code review is to have a human check for mistakes.
This doesn't help avoid that need.
We could perhaps automate some of the more mechanical parts, but that
would require a volunteer to contribute the code to do it. Unless you
are volunteering to write the code yourself, it is unlikely that
anything will come from this. We have already automated some of the
easy parts by the way.