This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.3 build on AIX 5.2, done
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alexy Khrabrov <alexy dot khrabrov at setup dot org>
- Cc: alexy at setup dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:09:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 build on AIX 5.2, done
>>>>> Alexy Khrabrov writes:
Alexy> -- IBM-packaged gcc 2.9-aix51 fails to bootstrap
This is the same problem: gcc 2.9-aix51 includes a "fixed"
stdlib.h in its header cache that does not declare atoll().
Alexy> After more than 10 hours of deliberate checking for things,
Alexy> declaration and linkage, it builds.
The checking is faster if one uses Bash as the shell instead of
the native AIX Ksh, e.g.,
make SHELL=bash CONFIG_SHELL=bash ...