This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimizer issues
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 03 14:34:15 EDT
- Subject: Re: Loop optimizer issues
It is not somehow terribly difficult (a hundred or two of lines of code,
That's *way* large: try a dozen, at most!
but IMO it would be nice to get rid of this feature with tree-ssa
I just don't see why it's helpful to force that assumption on an RTL
loop optimizer: namely that any invariant LIBCALL will already have
been moved out. Perhaps it will, but perhaps it won't. Isn't it
simpler just to not worry about that issue and add the few extra lines?