Re: Dell vs. GPL

vlad@lrsehosting.com wrote:
Just for the record, US law does not work that way.  No civil contract can
force you to do something illegal as Andre suggests.  He's just flat wrong
about this.

Thanks.

This entire thread is filled with misinformation; I've been trying to
restrain myself from correcting people who obviously have more opinion
than fact in hand.

For those who wish to understand copyright in the United States (and
learn that registration is *not* required), I suggest visiting:

http://www.loc.gov/copyright/

--
Scott Robert Ladd