This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ check-abi not selfcontained
- From: Olaf Hering <olh at suse dot de>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:17:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ check-abi not selfcontained
- References: <20030621183916.GA13193@suse.de> <20030630203254.GA14383@disaster.jaj.com>
On Mon, Jun 30, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:39:16PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Hi,
> > should this test define LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or must I run make install
> > without DESTDIR before running make check?
> > ./abi_check: /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not found (required by /var/lib/nobody/obj-gcc-head/powerpc64-suse-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs/libstdc++.so.6)
> Actually, we solve this by setting LD_RUN_PATH while abi_check is built.
> However, it isn't picking up enough directories.
> The last time this was brought up, we weren't certain how to find the other
> directories needed. I worked up a patch but it was a terrible kludge.
> Much has changed since then; I'll go find the patch.
I will try it again tonight and see how it goes.
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!