Re: Would you help me?

Check out "Porting GCC for Dunces" by Hans-Peter Nilsson.  It has a
section under "Random Remarks" about how a port should be approached -
might be helpful.

Marty Moose

>>> "wang mars" <hikermars@msn.com> 06/29/03 20:53 PM >>>
Hello, dear all:

        My name is Marco. I am a postgraduate researching in compiler.
Because GCC is so powerful that all the professors I know

    suggested me to research in GCC and learn how to port GCC to any new

targets or processors. Because I am a beginner, I wonder

    what kind of help could I get from you? I have read the document
about
GCC internal on the web site for several times, it did a lot

    of help for me to understand GCC internal. But when I really started
port it to the new target, I was still confused about how and

    what to begin. Now I am still tracing GCC, but I think if you could
give me some suggestions or the details about how to port GCC

    or any document that you suggest me to read or anything you can, it
will do me a lot of favor and make it easier for me to research

    GCC. Thank you very much whenever you can or not.

    best regards,

                                            Marco