Re: [G95] Re: [tree-ssa] Integrating g95

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Steven G. Kargl wrote:

> There is one other item to consider.  g95 requires GMP.
> AFAIK, GCC does not use GMP.  What are the options?

Using GMP/mpfr in the rest of GCC as well, so we can get correctly rounded
results for folding all the standard <math.h> and <complex.h> functions
for constant arguments without error-prone reimplementation.
(Performance requires that the basic constant folding of arithmetic
operations use the internal GCC functions, and that we only convert in/out
of GMP form for folding the various functions.)  But I think doing this
might require GMP to be included in the GCC source tree, as zlib is, with
a --with-system-gmp to use the installed library, so short-term on the
tree-ssa branch it may be more sensible (and less controversial) simply to
make building g95 dependent on installed GMP.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk