Re: [tree-ssa] Insert on edge comment

Hi,

On 30 May 2003, Andrew MacLeod wrote:

> edge feeding the phi will have to be updated.  My new switch edge
> manipulation will be a real ugly one to update.. brrr.
>
> There may be other structures which need to be fixed, etc.

Forgive me my ignorance (I never looked at tree-ssa carefully), but why is
edge splitting in your infrastructure so hard?  It's a totally trivial
operation for the usual IRs.  If this doesn't hold for tree-ssa it just
doesn't sound quite "right".  Could you explain in simple words? ;-)

Ciao,
Michael.