Re: OT: How do people set up long term development

    >>> I am wondering how people outside of Red Hat do long term
    >>> development of compiler tools when you can't check the machine
    >>> specific sources into the FSF repository until the NDA on the
    >>> machine has been lifted?

This page:

     http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view/Main/InteroperatingWithCVS

describes an approach in which you `cvs update' from the central
repository for merging in FSF sources, but use arch privately.  arch
is _ideal_ for working on on two systems ("desktop, laptop") and nice
for other reasons as well.

I'm not sure I recommend this approach, quite yet, for GCC.   The size
of the GCC tree is, I suspect, right around the edge of
"uncomfortable" for the current release of arch.   Maybe not -- try it
out if you are so inclined -- but also be aware of the upcoming
quantum-leap in arch performance with the new C version (see
=READEME.new-stuff) in the distro.

(arch's "home" is http://regexps.srparish.net/www)

-t