doxygen, GPL incompatibility of FDL, and the horror

Just realized that the doxygen docs in libstdc++-v3 are under the FDL.
The files they take information out of are under the GPL.  This is
legitimate only because the FSF owns the copyrights and can release them
under any damn copyright it likes. :-/

This appears to make the following scenario illegal for anyone who
hasn't assigned all their copyrights to the FSF (or indeed someone who
has, but doesn't have the FSF's permission to modify copyrights)
* I modify the doxygen comments.
* I rerun doxygen.
* I distribute the resulting documentation.

Gah!

On the more immediate note, anyone who contributed any doxygenated text
to libstdc++-v3 is a contributor to the manual, and according to RMS, if
they don't have a post-January 2000 copyright statement, we shouldn't
use their work, which means we can't rerun doxygen.

Gah!

[I hate the FDL more and more...]

--Nathanael