Re: your RESOLVED->CLOSED changes

> I think it would be better to have some automatic VERIFIED->CLOSED
> cron job, which gives the originator N weeks to reject the fix.

We get the majority of reports against _releases_, not snapshots. If
something's fixed in a snapshot, it might be half a year or more until the
originator get's to check whether the bug is fixed. I also get the
impression that most people just use what's on their system, and then it
might be even longer until she upgrades.

Asking the originator for confirmation that a bug is fixed is plain
impractical.

I see us dreaming up complicated schemes to make use of the three-state
thing in bugzilla. I would really like that people keep in mind the cost
of maintaining it. Please, everyone, we should realize that we're not
Microsoft that can throw 100 people at a problem. We just don't have them
and I personally will not have the time to close bugs in a two-step
process. I can make much better use of my time, and I also have the
impression that bugzilla has a lot of places where I can spend it on more
useful things that following an overly complicated workflow.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/