Re: Bugzilla: number of bugs, milestones

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 05:49 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

(1) Doing an empty search query shows 1620 open bugs. The weekly bug
summary shows 1298, but I doubt we've been down that low in the past week.
Have we really been that low, or is there some other reason for the
difference?
Weekly bug summary isn't including WAITING/SUSPENDED
I've fixed it.

there are approximately 56 SUSPENDED bugs, and 266 WAITING bugs.
1298+322 = 1620

(2) Lots of bugs seem to be set to the 3.4 milestone, without any indication in the comments that they are a regression, e.g. 1016. Why?

It was the default milestone.

Bugs marked as a regression should be set to appropriate milestones
(3.3.1/3.4 according to whether the regression is present in 3.3) but a
lot of these don't seem to have any reason to have a milestone set.

I can remove the milestone from all bugs if you like, and people can re-set it where approriate.