Re: PROPOSAL: Policy for obsoleting targets

Zack Weinberg wrote:
One class of objections to the original proposal centers around its
being difficult or impossible to run the test suite against some
otherwise supported targets.  This is a serious problem in its own
right.  It can be partially addressed through documentation, and it
sounds like people are making plans to improve the documentation.  I
know a fair bit about building cross-toolchains, and will gladly lend
a hand there.

I'm interested in helping, too. I have already helped out a bit on dejagnu documentation. Still haven't managed to run a remote test using it, though.

It's interesting that expect is a stumbling block for the djgpp port.
Perhaps a batch mode version of the framework could be put together
that did all the compiles in one pass, and all the runs in a second
pass, controlled by a script rather than by expect.
The farther away we can get from dejagnu the better, IMHO.
It's extremely difficult to understand and use in a remote environment.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com