Re: What is the relationship between GCC and Cygnus / Red Hat?

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:16:57PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I fully agree that a historical description of the history of gcc/EGCS/GCC
> would be very interesting from several points of view, but I'm afraid it's
> quite hard to do that well (from a scientific point of view):

> There aren't too many who have in-depth knowledge of the gcc 2 era, and of
> those I suppose many will have a very subjective perspective.

I know the history, but as a participant my perspective would be highly biased.
In any case, any realistic discussion would re-open a lot of old wounds, wounds
that we spent a lot of effort patching together (it took about a year of delicate
discussion to repair the egcs-GCC rift, for example).