Re: PROPOSAL: Alternate policy for obsoleting targets

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> All target triples which are 'believed to work', at least somewhat,
> must be listed in the manual.

Fully agreed.

> This will be done in the section for target-specific notes, which I
> hereby volunteer to rewrite and update.  :-)

Thanks!

BTW, what really would be very useful IMSNHO is to make submitting
test results (and even build results without tests) easier.

Why can't we have

  make bootstrap
  make install
  make feedback

where the latter basically submits the configure options, or a

  make test

which automatically performs (documented, obviously!) what we currently
describe at the end of <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html>?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/