Doc patch testing procedure

I am terribly embarrassed that my first major checkin broke bootstrap. In
particular, since I tried to follow the testing procedures, but
something's weird with them:

If I just do something like
>   mkdir bin
>   cd bin
>   ../gcc-3.4-CVS/configure
>   make info
>   make dvi
it succeeds even with the broken files I checked in. I didn't notice that
it doesn't create .info files, though, so thought everything is ok.

I later tried to trigger the error everybody was seeing, and I can do that
if I add a "make bootstrap" before the "make info". In that case, .info
files are actually generated, and I hit the same problem. Now, the testing
instructions specifically say that no bootstrap is required for doc
patches...

So the question is: is this supposed to be the way it is? If this is the
case, then we'd need to update our testing requirement page.

Sorry again for the inconveniences,
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/