Re: GCC 3.3: Second prerelease available

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> The second GCC 3.3 prerelease is now available.
>
> It is anticipated that these bits will become the final GCC 3.3 release
> shortly.

Some of the .po files need to be updated from the Translation Project site
(replaced with the current 3.3-b20021230 versions from that site, where
they differ from those in CVS or CVS doesn't have a file for that
language) and gcc.pot needs to be regenerated (item 4 in releasing.html).
This isn't a problem in the prerelease as such - these updates are only
needed for final releases - but updates of .po files don't need to be done
right at the last minute when running the release either.  There is now
documentation in translation.html of these procedures and how to
regenerate gcc.pot, linked to from releasing.html, which you requested
some time ago.  (The i18n maintainer doesn't seem to have been actively
updating .po files for the past year; I did the last update but am not
currently in a position to commit changes.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk