Re: [tree-ssa] Merge results as of 2003-05-06

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 23:04, law@redhat.com wrote:
> In message <20030507130003.GB7705@tornado.toronto.redhat.com>, Diego Novillo wr
> ites:
>  >On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:24:46PM -0600, law@redhat.com wrote:
>  >
>  >> When/how precisely was the FUNCTION_DECL removed?!?
>  >>
>  >No clue yet.  It doesn't look like it should be hard to fix,
>  >though.  I'll start working on it after I commit the merge.
> I'm pretty sure I've found this.  Ironically, this was the same bug I
> was tracking in my work on the unused variable elimination code.

Yeah, I found it in the BIND_EXPR merging we do in
remove_useless_stms_and_vars.  But I like your solution better.

My solution allowed the BIND_EXPRs to be merged and adjusted the BLOCK_*
for the inner BIND_EXPR.  However, Jason told me on IRC that
manipulating the BLOCK_* that way was not advisable.

Besides the fix involved a call to chainon() to adjust BLOCK_CHAIN, so
it had the potential of getting expensive for little gain.

Diego.