Re: Dynamic Loading of classes in C++ without knowing their interface

Tim Jansen wrote:

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 19:30, Alessandro Molina wrote:

I'm writing here to see what other C++ users think of it and to see if
there is someone else interested in helping with this project which is far
from being complete (I think that there are probably a few bugs that I've
missed and there are a lot of thing to tune).

Very interesting. One possible use is accessing C++ APIs from scripting languages. Right now C++-based projects like KDE need to write wrappers for all classes, but this solution is not optimal and makes them 2nd class languages.

bye...

Doesn't SWIG make it possible to create a binary that allows an application (perl/python) to call a C++ API without the app knowing how to use it at it's compile-time ?

To be a first class, I suspect that the g++ could be taught to create a class descriptor and do somthing with libffi to be alble to call it.