Re: GCJ and $PREFIX/include

On May  4, 2003, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

> I don't think this
> makes any sense now, since we have DESTDIR support.

DESTDIR is about temporarily installing in a tree such that you can
package something without interfering with whatever you have that's
already installed in the final location.  You create a tarball (or
cpio, whatever) out of what makes to DESTDIR, and then extract it onto
the root filesystem.  I don't see how DESTDIR can possibly be used as
a replacement for --with-gxx-include-dir.

> -enable-version-specific-runtime-libs

> Since all C++ includes are versioned now, this really only changes the
> install directory to the compiler directory. I don't think this is used
> outside of C++

Err...  IIRC, this changes the install location of libraries as well,
from ${libdir} to somewhere inside ${tooldir}.  It's not just about
headers.

> I think DESTDIR solves this too.

I hope you agree DESTDIR has nothing to do with this now :-)