Re: Using incomplete types to instantiate STL-Templates?

Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu> writes:

| Note that libstdc++ _does_ actually accept the code Christian showed. It
| only rejects it if concepts checking is on.

Yes, that is what I was referring to when I said that accepting the
code puts severe restrictings on the implementations.

I don't think there is much we can do about it -- we all know the code
is violating a specific clause, e.g. constructing a list of incomplete
type.

| I think that's weird, and
| personally consider it a defect in the way the concepts checks are
| implemented.

STL concepts  checking in pure C++ is a tough task.  I would be pleased to
read your implementations :-)

[ I do know for sure that como + libcomo and concept checking does
 reject some well-formed programs ]

-- Gaby