Re: gcc 3.3: miscompilation with -fnew-ra

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:30:25PM +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
> Can you strip it down even more?  It would make things easier.

I tried but did not manage it at the time... most of the routine is
not being executed but the bug went away if I removed the remaining
unexecuted parts. (The routine used to be quite longer too... I
probably stripped about 80% of it already).

> Is there a PR about this?  I couldn't find one.  If not I'll probably
> forget about the bug, as I'm not concentrating on new-ra for 3.3 (but if
> the fix is easy there's no reason not to do it).

I dont think so. I had sent out a mail to bugs@gcc.gnu.org but I dont
suppose that opens a PR ? I'm not sure whats the proper PR submission
procedure here.

I'll double check if this still happens in the 3.3 release as I was
only using a snapshot at the time...

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
"In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive