Re: [open-cobol-list] GCC front end for COBOL

Good.

The main issues you will have to address are

1. A test suite. Existing languages have comprehensive test suites.

2. Coding standards, including comments. There are the FSF standards and on top of that the GCC standards.

3. Copyright assignment. Every significant contributor has to assign copyright to the FSF, and has to get a waiver from their school or employer.

4. Documentation, usually in texinfo format.

Tim Josling

Keisuke Nishida wrote:
Hi,

I am a developer of a COBOL compiler called OpenCOBOL,
and I would like to make it a GCC front end.

http://www.open-cobol.org/gcc.html

Thanks,
Keisuke Nishida