RE: GCC 3.3 Status

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 16:14, S. Bosscher wrote:
> Mark,
>
> You already have downgraded quite a few PRs, and now you're about to
> downgrade a few more.  I think that for 3.3 it is the right decision (heck,
> it's got to go out now, can't wait forever), but is it your intention to
> upgrade those PRs again once 3.3 is released?

For most of them, I'm just taking the 3.3 out of the synopsis; that
pushes them into the 3.4 list.  For something like "unclear error
message", I might downgrade the PR to medium priority; I'm not sure that
we'd ever hold up a release for that.

> Many PRs against 3.3 have been simply ignored, or were not recognised as
> regressions, for some time (until Wolfgang started his Great Work of
> analysing all those PRs).  Most of them are still present on the trunk.  And
> they _are_ regressions, even if everybody agrees that they should not hold
> up 3.3 any longer.

Yes, Wolfgang's contribution has been massive.   Truly outstanding.  And
yes, we need to try to fix more of these for 3.4.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC