Re: DOS line endings

> Zack> These files have DOS line endings on both mainline and 3.3 branch:
>
> Zack> boehm-gc/BCC_MAKEFILE
> Zack> boehm-gc/digimars.mak

I don't know about the Digital Mars compiler, but at least
Borland C/C++ 5.5 works fine with a Makefile (and source
files) that has UNIX line endings.

However...

> Most of the other files in boehm-gc come from an external source.  I'd
> prefer we not change them here, as we do import new versions from time
> to time.

Agreed.

Do DOS line endings cause any problems that you wish to remove them?

Or is it just for the sake of aesthetics? :-)

I ask this because if one were to edit "BCC_MAKEFILE" for some reason
and see its effects, it will have to be in a Win32 environment where
having DOS line endings is the most natural thing. Simple editors
like "Notepad" on Windows do not take very kindly to UNIX line
endings.

My 2p.

Ranjit.