Re: invalid offsetof from non-POD type

John Quigley wrote:
The code below triggers an "invalid offsetof from non-POD type" warning:

In this case, and in every case I've seen, the warning is a false alarm and the compiler produces the correct result. Is there a case where the warning fires and the compiler produces an incorrect result? (i.e.: returns the wrong offset)? If there is no such case, is there anything wrong with providing a command line flag in gcc that allows the user to disable this warning?
offsetof may only be applied to POD types. [18.1]/5

nathan

         The voices in my head said this was stupid too
nathan at codesourcery dot com : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : nathan at acm dot org