Re: missing tests for 3.2.3-pre

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:36:52PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> Hi Joe, thank you for taking an active interesting in monitoring
> release quality.

I was basically asked to be the "quality guy" way back when we started
egcs, though I haven't always had the cycles to do a great job at it.

>  I've started the process for pre2.  I'm sorry, but
> these things take some time when there are *three* active branches of
> development.  A detailed report on the status of pre1 went directly to
> the gcc 3.2.3 release manager within 3 days of pre1's release.  I will
> include it below since I didn't CC the gcc list.  Summary, there are
> no interesting regressions on: i386-unknown-freebsd4.8 (-STABLE),
> i386-unknown-freebsd5.0 (-CURRENT), alpha-unknown-freebsd5.0
> (-CURRENT).

> ...  I don't actually have a freebsd4.5 machine around to test
> anymore.  I'm currently expecting a similar total cycle time for pre2.

I think that it would be fine to treat 4.8 as the primary reference
platform, since it's the current stable release.  The primary platform
list says 4.5, but it was done back before the 3.1 release, so it's
out of date.