Re: Memory footprint/compile time explosion caused by the tree inliner

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 04:38 PM, Mike Stump wrote:
On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 03:15 PM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
The
time is mostly (85%) spent in the scheduler but the regression is caused by
the tree inliner.

It would be nice if the scheduler works with very large functions. It is ok to miss some of the edges, as long as the creamy center is nice.

Last time I looked, the scheduler bottleneck was free_deps(). People have
obviously already worked on speeding it up and I didn't see anything else
promising; good luck.