Re: stabs and macro information

Not yet.  The copyright assignment paperwork for EMC's changes to GCC
hasn't been approved/signed yet by management.  I expect it will be
approved/signed, but it hasn't been yet.

[I feel that it is inappropriate to post changes if they are not
assigned (unless they are small enough to not need an assignment).

This is really appreciated.

However, I do feel it is appropriate to discuss how to do it / what to
name things / etc. as the changes are likely to be assigned.]

Yes. Technical aspects should be fleshed out up front. That way all parties concerned know what has been agreed to. Just leaves the small issue of implementation :-)

Andrew