Re: Getting 3.3 out the door

Can I lobby a little for c++/9393? I only rediscovered this these days, so
I doubt anyone has looked at it with an angle on 3.3 (because it didn't
have priority "high" until very recently). It's
- a problem that one cannot work around
- generates code that cannot be linked
- violates the C++ standard
- a regression against 2.95
- breaks my application and prevents Brad from running it on his system :-)

(In short: members of anonymous namespaces only get mangled names that
depend on the file name, nothing else. If you compile the same file twice
with different flags, then link them together, you'll get linker errors
about duplicate symbols for all members of anonymous namespaces in this
file.)

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/