Re: Release Quality Control (was: DOC PATCH: GCC 3.2.3 releaseschedule)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> Until now, we basically said ``Nobody has complained that the release
> branch is broken on his platform, so let's go'' while we should wait
> to receive positive confirmation for every single primary and secondary
> platform (with a timeout for secondary platforms, but none for primary
> platforms).

Positive confirmation with testresults for the current testsuite on both
the to-be-released version and the previous versions mentioned in the
release criteria relative to which there are meant to be no regressions?
This used to be done and we should at least try to avoid regressions that
the testsuite shows up.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk