Re: HEADS UP: GCC manual soon to be printed

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at> writes:
>
> >  3) If you are currently working on changes to the manual(s) or are
> >  aware of pressing issues, please let us know ASAP so that we can
> >  take that into account and try to address them, respectively.
>
> The CPP manual is out of date in several respects - I have not been
> prioritizing fixing that, but I can bump it up.

Could you consider having the CPP manual give the full version number of
the release it comes from (using gcc-common.texi) on the title page and in
the text, like the other manuals, rather than just the major version
number, and having the last updated date refer to any changes rather than
some notion of major changes?

(I don't know whether the CPP manual is going to be included in the
manuals to be printed.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk