Re: RFA: Ada variable-sized objects, bit_size_type == TImode, and divti3

Richard Kenner wrote:

>>In any case, I can now build a 64-bit gnat1 binary that contains no
>>reference to __divti3 whatsoever.

>But you still must have it, since you can easily construct programs that
>will need it.

I've fixed the incorrect libgcc build on s390x now, do I do have TImode
operations including __divti3.

I still don't quite understand under what circumstances you would in
fact need to perform TImode computations at run time (that cannot be
optimized away at compile time).  Do you have an example?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development