This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.3 release criteria
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 24 Feb 2003 18:39:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 release criteria
- References: <200302232354.SAA19348@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 15:54, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> I think it's well past time we had written release criteria for GCC
> 3.3. I propose starting with the 3.1 criteria and working from there.
> I've copied criteria.html from the gcc-3.1 to the gcc-3.3 directory
> and changed "3.1" -> "3.3" everywhere. I also removed a paragraph
> relating to the C++ ABI change in 3.2. Then we can make changes from
> there in patch form. The entire file is included below.
Yes, please do add this. I think this section:
In particular, the current regression testsuite
will be run using GCC 3.0.4 and GCC 2.95.3 on each of the supported
platforms; those results can then be compared with the output from a
release candidate.
is a little out of date; we should probably use GCC 3.2.x there instead.
Thanks!!
--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark at codesourcery dot com