This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Target deprecation, round three
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 24 Feb 2003 19:42:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Target deprecation, round three
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200302241748.MAA31464@makai.watson.ibm.com><87wujp8s7p.fsf@egil.codesourcery.com>
Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com> writes:
[...]
| > Red Hat delivered a GCC port for the mainframe TPF environment
| > which should be merged into the FSF sources.
|
| But they have not bothered to do so, nor am I particularly interested
| in badgering them.
|
| It is clear at this point that neither of us will convince the other
| to change his position. Therefore I am requesting the Steering
| Committee to make a decision on this issue.
I hope we won't see so much rigid position in the future regarding
target deperacation. Why is it so urgent to deprecate that target
-now-?
-- Gaby