This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: arc-*-* was Re: Target deprecation, round three



Zack Weinberg wrote:
> 
> Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com> writes:
> 
> > I see no indication that the ARC is actively maintained.  I filed
> > PR3587 against GCC 3.0 on 6 July 2001.  This PR is a fundamental
> > problem in the file config/arc/t-arc and it doesn't build.
> ...
> > I don't see a post with this patch to gcc-patches in the March 2002
> > time frame to t-arc but apparently Jakub had to have fixed it then.
> > Whether it was posted or not, it was never merged and no one noticed.
> 
> Does this mean that you're willing to see the port dropped from GCC?
> Or would you rather we fixed it?

I have no personal interest in the arc port.  It is just a random cross
that I have in my set of targets to see if they compile.  On general
principle, it should be fixed.  

I think that the fact it has been uncompileable since at least 3.0 is
an indication of how little interest there is in it.  So I have trouble
seeing how there are any users.  Richard Kenner is listed as maintainer.
What does he think?
 
I don't care either way.  Keep it and fix it or deprecate it.  Don't
leave
it broken. :)

> zw

--joel


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]