This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc3.3 30% speedup in the past 2 weeks (MICO compilation)


On February 23, 2003 04:44 pm, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> If you can use oprofile to produce summaries for entire package
> builds, I'd be very interested to see the results.  In addition
> to the obvious user-space CPU cycle counting, it would be good
> to see if there's any part of the kernel that gets hammered,
> and get cache and TLB miss statistics.

oprofile is a new beast to me. Are you talking about 
http://oprofile.sourceforge.net ?

Got a quick cheat sheet with commands that'll produce output you guys like to 
see (I guess I should just download the package and read the docs that come 
with it).


-- 
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

-*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]