This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Let's backport speedups from 3.4 to 3.3


On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 08:15 AM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
I've heard some mention that 3.4 is faster in some cases than 3.3.

I know several speedup tweeks have been made since the branch was
created.  Not all of them have been backported.

If they're not too invasive, let's consider them for 3.3.  I'm willing
to help by regtesting patches if people can point out safe candidates.
Though I'd certainly appreciate assistance from others. :-)
Here are two safe patches. Already OKed to move, they just await a regtest on 3.3. Could you do that, and let me know they are in? Thanks.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-02/msg00563.html

I tried doing the regtest, but had some timeouts (bad, ick, coff) that wanted more attention.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]