This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment
- From: Spundun Bhatt <spundun at ISI dot EDU>
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk
- Date: 11 Feb 2003 14:33:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment
- Organization:
- References: <Message from Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> <5.2.0.9.2.20030211192328.03e9f008@mail.lauterbach.com> <5.2.0.9.2.20030211195556.029c8fa8@mail.lauterbach.com>
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 10:57, Franz Sirl wrote:
> At 19:32 11.02.2003, David Edelsohn wrote:
> > >>>>> Franz Sirl writes:
> >
> >Franz> If changing STACK_BOUNDARY doesn't affect binary compatibility, I will
> >Franz> submit a patch to set it to 128 in rs6000/linux.h.
> >
> > The patch will be wrong and not accepted.
>
> Uhm, wrong in which way? Would you mind to explain this a bit?
>
With all the discussion going on... I didnt see any replies to this
question... (I might have missed it... the threading in evolution for
this thread is skrewed up). Can somebody explain why this is wrong? To
me it looks pretty straight forward to simply change STACK_BOUNDARY to
128. Not that I care though.
Hope this helps
Spundun
> Franz.