This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Successfull build of gcc 3.2.2 under IRIX6.5




--On Tuesday, February 11, 2003 09:14:09 PM +0000 Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:

Mark Mitchell writes:
 >
 > >> We haven't ported Java to Irix 6.5.
 >
 > But I did. :-)
 >
 > I believe all of those patches are checked in.  At least as of about
 > a year ago, gcj worked fine on IRIX 6.5.

I don't see how.  As far as I can see the libffi closure has never
been done, and without that a great deal of the Java API will not work
at all.
Yes, but a great deal of it will.  In particular, enough to get our
customer's application running happily.  :-)

I will confess to being somewhat ignorant, and it's true that I never
did that work.  I believe the raw compiler bits all got done, and some
of the library bits, but I'm sure there are some more bits to do, and
I haven't tried to maintain any of this stuff.

--
Mark Mitchell                mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC            http://www.codesourcery.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]