This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Cc: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:32:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment
>>>>> Franz Sirl writes:
Franz> BIGGEST_ALIGNMENT is 128, but STACK_BOUNDARY is 64 unless you give
Franz> -mabi=altivec (in 3.2+). Now, if we would increase STACK_BOUNDARY to be
Franz> always 128 on powerpc-linux-gnu, would this affect binary compatibility at
Franz> all? I can't think of a situation where this would happen, but maybe I'm wrong?
Franz> If changing STACK_BOUNDARY doesn't affect binary compatibility, I will
Franz> submit a patch to set it to 128 in rs6000/linux.h.
The patch will be wrong and not accepted.
David