This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: GCC 3.3 compile speed regression - THE GRAPH


Ziemowit Laski wrote:-
> > I've already spoken with Geoff regarding his fateful PCH merge.  He did 
> > not think
> > that doing a binary search on the pch-branch would be particularly 
> > productive,
> > but instead suggested I look closely at his spew.c mods, which I shall 
> > do now.

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:14:24PM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> spew.c is dead in 3.4, so this would only be useful for 3.3.  I suggest
> you spend your time on something else.

Assuming that we're going to ship 3.3, we do care if there is a massive
performance regression, even if it is fixed in 3.4, since the world will
have to put up with 3.3 as the official release series for at least a
six-month period.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]