This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ephemeral garbage [Was: GCC 3.2.1 -> GCC 3.3 compile speedregression]
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mstump at apple dot com>, "Timothy J. Wood" <tjw at omnigroup dot com>
- Cc: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:11:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: Ephemeral garbage [Was: GCC 3.2.1 -> GCC 3.3 compile speedregression]
--On Monday, February 03, 2003 12:37:59 PM -0800 Mike Stump
<mstump@apple.com> wrote:
I have a suggestion for this case. ggc_free. ggc_free would be
documented as:
ggc_free
Yeah, I've meant to implement this since forever.
(I've avoided doing it partly because I think a lot of the problem is
that we allocate too much memory. If we didn't wastefully allocate
so much junk, we wouldn't have to worry so much about how quickly we
clean it up.)
--
Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com