This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: It's target deprecation season again!
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:07:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: It's target deprecation season again!
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Moving on to specific targets that might be worth dropping, here is my
No, this should *not* be dropped. (There's no reasonable way to
abandon use of it, not due to eternal love for a.out...)
PS. If that GCC conference will finally happen, I suggest it to
have one of those amusement park shooting galleries so people
can live out their urge to get rid of those targets. :-) Oh no,
I'm suddenly associating a.out with that piece of chalk at the
end of a paper rose. Better call it a day.