Re: It's target deprecation season again!

Zack> The i370 and s390 targets are for the same architecture.  They are not
Zack> entirely redundant; each supports operating environments that the
Zack> other doesn't.  However, the s390 target is actively maintained, the
Zack> i370 isn't, and HOST_EBCDIC doesn't really work.  I would like to
Zack> suggest, therefore, that we drop (a) the i370, and (b) any pretense of
Zack> supporting EBCDIC as the primary character encoding for the host.  (It
Zack> is much, much easier to support it in the target.)

	The i370 port still is used for z/OS (aka OS/390 aka MVS) Unix
System Services.  I am not sure which port was used as the basis for the
TPF work which eventually should be merged into the FSF sources.

Zack> rs6000-ibm-aix[123]*
Zack> rs6000-ibm-aix4*  # maybe

	Huh?  It takes incrementally minimal effort to keep older AIX
configurations around and AIX 4.3 still is in wide-spread use.

David