Re: Bootstrap times on mainline are getting worse

>>This is truly depressing.  There seems to be nothing we can do
to prevent it.

At the very least,we could measure the bootstrap performance impact of
each patch.

I must say the cumulative difference is quite noticeable. I am switching
from using OS/2, GCC 2.8.1 on a 300MHz P3, to XP, GCC 3.2, 1.3 GHz P3,
and the compilation time is about the same, yes there are other variables
(OS/2 is definitely a lot more efficient than XP), but still a significant
difference.