This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Trouble building gcc-3.2/libstdc++ on soft-fp m68k-linux


I'm trying to build a m68k-linux compiler, using a
gcc/config/m68k/linux.h file that doesn't support divide hardware or
an FPU.

I've build a m68k-linux bootstrap compiler, but after it builds
glibc-2.2.5 but it failes when I try to build the full-up compiler in libstc++:

/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/gcc/ -nostdinc++  -L/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ -B/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/lib/ -isystem /home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/include -shared -nostdlib /home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/lib/crti.o /home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/gcc/crtbeginS.o  .libs/globals.o .libs/limits.o .libs/basic_file.o .libs/complex_io.o .libs/ios.o .libs/strstream.o .libs/bitset.o .libs/functexcept.o .libs/stdexcept.o .libs/vterminate.o .libs/c++locale.o .libs/locale.o .libs/localename.o .libs/codecvt.o .libs/collate.o .libs/ctype.o .libs/messages.o .libs/monetary.o .libs/numer!
!
!
ic.o .libs/time.o .libs/concept-inst.o .libs/locale-inst.o .libs/misc-inst.o .libs/stl-inst.o .libs/string-inst.o .libs/wstring-inst.o .libs/valarray-inst.o .libs/ext-inst.o .libs/fstream.o .libs/fstream-inst.o .libs/io-inst.o .libs/istream-inst.o .libs/ostream-inst.o .libs/streambuf-inst.o .libs/sstream-inst.o -Wl,--whole-archive ../libmath/.libs/libmath.a ../libsupc++/.libs/libsupc++convenience.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -L/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -lm ../libmath/.libs/libmath.a -lm ../libsupc++/.libs/libsupc++convenience.a -lm -L/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/gcc -L/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin -L/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/lib -L/home/mylocal/32+2/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-linux/3.2 -L/home/mylocal/32+2/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-linux/3.2/../../../../m68k-linux!
!
!
/lib -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s /home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/gcc/crtendS.o /home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/lib/crtn.o  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--version-script=linker.map -Wl,-Map -Wl,mapfile.map -Wl,-soname -Wl,libstdc++.so.5 -o .libs/libstdc++.so.5.0.0
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__divdf3@@GCC_3.0' are not defined
/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__udivsi3@@GCC_3.0' are not defined
/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__divsi3@@GCC_3.0' are not defined
/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__muldf3@@GCC_3.0' are not defined
/home/mylocal/32+2/m68k-linux/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__adddf3@@GCC_3.0' are not defined
make[3]: *** [libstdc++.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj/32+2/m68k-linux/gcc/m68k-linux/libstdc++-v3'
make: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2

What does the error message "type and size of dynamic symbol 'xxx' are
not defined" mean?  Does this have to do with verionsing issues? I'm
guessing I have to add some symbols or debug information to
gcc/config/m68k/lb1sd68.asm to make this work,  but I'm not sure what
it wants...  I don't think that collect2 should exit with a
Segmentation Fault? 

All ideas are appreciated.

-- 
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola)   781-270-0193 (fax)


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]