Re: real.c fails floating point tests

> The harness in contrib/paranoia.cc calls into real_arithmetic
> and real_compare, which calls each of these functions.

That does not test the 160-bit internal arithmetic, which is what the posted
report was all about.  We seem to be talking about different things there.
Also, beware that contrib/paranoia.cc is currently a watered-down test
because the log, exp, pow functions use the host computer's math
library instead of the arithmetic supposedly under test.

I am mainly concerned about the decimal <-> binary conversion, which
does exercise the internal arithmetic.  I'll continue to test and
post decimal-binary cases as time permits.